SHOREVIEW, Minn. (WCCO) – An 18-month old child died Thursday afternoon after what was described as an "equipment malfunction" at a chiropractor's office in Shoreview, according to the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said the toddler was with its mother at a chiropractor in the 1000 block of Highway 96 when the incident happened.
The mother was being treated in a room and during the treatment there was an equipment malfunction that caused the toddler to suffer serious head injuries. The mom and child were both transported to Region's Hospital, where the child later died as a result of its injuries.
The Ramsey County Sheriff's Office wouldn't say whether the toddler was a boy or girl. The incident remains under investigation, but an official with the agency said it appears to be simply a tragic accident.
for more features.