Watch CBS News

Man, Dog Found Dead In Cabin, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Officials in northern Minnesota say a 46-year-old man and his dog were found dead Saturday of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

The St. Louis County Sheriff's Office says 46-year-old Stanley Skare, of Saginaw, was found dead in a cabin, which had a generator running inside.

The exact cause of death will be determined by the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office.

Meanwhile, officials are encouraging the public to be sure that generators are placed a safe distance from living and sleeping quarters.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tastless gas produced when a fossil fuel is burned. In high concentrations, it can cause sudden illness and death.

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.