MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Hennepin County Attorney's Office and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension are asking one last time for those who witnessed the fatal police shooting of Jamar Clark to come forward.
The joint statement came out Thursday, nearly four months after the shooting happened in Minneapolis. In its aftermath, there were weeks of protest and the occupation of the city's 4th Precinct police station.
Last month, the BCA, the leading investigating agency in Minnesota, said the investigation into Clark's death was completed and handed over to the county attorneys' office for review.
The attorney's office is now seeking to speak with any witnesses who've yet to come forward with additional video or information. Witnesses are asked to call 651-793-7000.
Since Clark's death, community members have demanded that any video of the shooting be released to the public. Meanwhile, investigators have said that video won't be released until the investigation is over.
A federal investigation into the shooting is also underway.
for more features.