Watch CBS News

High School Ends Lockout, Street Reopens After Utilities Crew In Southlake Cuts Gas Line

SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) - A high school in Southlake was placed on lockout and students were confined to the building after a utilities crew accidentally cut a gas line along White Chapel Boulevard. The gas line has since been repaired and the affected street was reopened.

It was around 9:00 a.m. when the gas line rupture forced the closure of White Chapel from Southlake Boulevard to Highway 114.

Carroll High School
Carroll High School (credit: CBSDFW.COM)

The smell of natural gas in the air prompted administrators to place Carroll High School on a temporary lockout -- keeping all students indoors. A shuttle service between the school and Carroll Senior High was also suspended.

No other campuses were impacted and no homes or businesses in the area were evacuated. Officials with fire and police said there was no danger to students or residents.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.