Watch CBS News

Granbury Woman Accused Of Killing Husband's Mistress In Mo., Flees To Kan.

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Kansas authorities say a Granbury woman shot and killed her husband's mistress in the victim's Missouri home Friday after receiving the news that her husband had no plans to stop seeing the woman.

Shannon L. O'Roark-Griffin, 52, is currently booked in the Sedgwick County jail near Wichita on one count of first-degree murder and armed criminal action.

According to a police affidavit, O'Roark-Griffin called her husband Rosco Griffin and told him she had shot and killed his mistress, Irina Anca Puscariu. Griffin called police at about 2:10 p.m. Friday and reported the crime.

First responders to Puscariu's Gladstone, Mo. home found her shot in the face in the living room. She was declared dead at the scene.

Puscariu's mother Aneta told police that "somebody" rang the doorbell and her daughter opened it.

A woman entered and shot Puscariu three times before leaving. Aneta Puscariu described the woman as a white female who stood about 5'6 and had fingernails that weren't "well done," the affidavit says.

Aneta Puscariu later identified O'Roark-Griffin in a photo lineup.

After allegedly shooting Puscariu, O'Roark-Griffin drove south along Interstate 35 into Kansas. She was pulled over at 4:56 p.m. in Kansas and arrested without incident, the affidavit notes.

Before the shooting on Friday, Griffin told investigators that he and his wife met with a "mental therapist" in Great Bend, Kan. Griffin said he told his wife he would not leave Puscariu during the meeting. O'Roark-Griffin left the room when she heard this.

The police affidavit says Griffin and his wife spoke on the phone shortly thereafter and began discussing a divorce. Griffin told his mistress the news, and she assured him "she would be worth it," the affidavit states.

Griffin then called his wife back and told her to begin the divorce proceedings.

"Shannon told him that he was not the first person Irina would hurt and would not be the last," the affidavit says.

Shortly thereafter, Griffin received a call from his daughter saying O'Roark-Griffin had called her in hysterics and admitted to killing someone she only referred to as "her" and that the person "was not going to ever hurt anyone else again."

That's when Griffin called police. O'Roark-Griffin would be arrested three hours later. She remains jailed Sunday.

Also Check Out:

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.