For the first time, CW50 will be partnering with Feld Entertainment and the Autism Alliance of Michigan to bring local families "sensory-friendly" performances of their favorite shows!
This season, when Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic, Disney Junior Live: Pirate & Princess, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents Dragons, and Disney on Ice: Let's Celebrate visit the Palace of Auburn Hills, select performances from each run will be designated as sensory-friendly shows.
Sensory-Friendly Performances will include:
- Pre-show (or post-show) "Behind-the-Scenes" Presentation to take place before doors open to the general public (or immediately following the show)*
- Photo Opportunities with Characters (and for the Disney on Ice shows, also with skaters)
- Show "running-order" and effect descriptions available so you and your child can anticipate special noises and effects
- Quiet Room on-site with coloring pages, activity sheets, and more
*pre-show/post-show presentation not available for Disney Junior Live: Pirate & Princess
*NOTE: "Sensory-Friendly" performances do not alter the shows themselves, but rather, make the environment "sensory-friendly" - and more enjoyable for those with special needs.
PLUS - enjoy $5 off per ticket with the code: AUTISM
When you purchase your tickets for the sensory-friendly performances (dates and ticketing info below), using the code AUTISM will not only save you a few bucks, but it will also pull your tickets from a special section designated for our Autism Alliance families. This section will be located near the Quiet Room on the concourse.
Ticket and show information:
- Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic: TICKETS AND INFO HERE (October 17th & October 18th performances are sensory-friendly. Ticket discounts, show rundowns, and Quiet Room access will be available both nights, and 10/18 will feature a post-show presentation. No pre-show opportunities available.)
- Disney Junior Live: Pirate & Princess: TICKETS AND INFO HERE (November 1st performance is sensory-friendly)
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents Dragons: TICKETS AND INFO HERE (November 14th performance is sensory-friendly)
- Disney on Ice: Let's Celebrate: Tickets not yet available on palacenet.com (March 20th performance is sensory-friendly)
These will be the inaugural sensory-friendly performances of these four shows in the Metro Detroit area. Thanks to our friends at Feld Entertainment and the Autism Alliance of Michigan for joining forces with us to make these shows enjoyable for everyone!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more features.