Watch CBS News

Boxford brush fire sparked by embers from woodstove

BOXFORD -- The Boxford Fire Department is reminding residents to safely get rid of ashes from wood burning or pellet stoves after a fire this weekend. 

According to the department, a brush fire was sparked by embers from a woodstove that reignited. 

"Luckily this fire was caught quickly and we were able to contain the spread to a small area," a Facebook post said. 

Ashes should be placed in a metal can and stored outside away from the home. 

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.