BOSTON (CBS) - Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and his younger brother Dzhokhar, are suspected of planting two bombs at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police after he and his brother allegedly killed an MIT police officer and stole a car.
- 26 years old
- Came to U.S. from Chechnya in 2000 or 2001
- Lived in Cambridge
- Studied at Bunker Hill Community College
- Married to RI woman; couple had young child
- Trained at Somerville Mixed Martial Arts gym
- Described himself as not having a single American friend
- Aspired to be a U.S. Olympic boxer
- Had jihadi videos posted on his YouTube account
- CBS News reports he was interviewed by FBI about suspected extremist ties in 2011
for more features.