Watch CBS News

Sheraden High-Rise Fire Sends 1 Person To Hospital

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) -- One person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out Wednesday evening at a high-rise apartment complex in the city's Sheraden section.

The three-alarm fire broke out around 7:30 p.m. at the Goodwill Plaza apartments on Hillsboro Street.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

According to Pittsburgh Public Safety, the fire broke out in a sixth floor apartment. The sprinkler system activated, and the fire was contained to that one apartment.

One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. That person is in stable condition.

The building sustained smoke and water damage.

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.