If you're looking to impress your guests on the Fourth Of July, be sure to try out these great recipes from Rania Harris!
Grilled Chicken with Ancho Barbecue Sauce
- 1 ancho chili, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 – 6 ounce boneless and skinless breasts of chicken
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons ancho chili powder
In a small heatproof bowl, combine the ancho chili and boiling water. Let stand until the chili has softened, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid.
In a food processor or blender, combine the ancho chili, the reserved liquid, the olive oil and salt. Process until a thick, smooth paste forms. Place the paste and the chicken pieces in Jaccard Meat Marinade chamber and marinate for 30 minutes according to the manufacturer's instructions. Let stand in the sealed chamber for 30 minutes more before grilling.
Meanwhile, make the barbecue sauce:
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover partially and simmer until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Heat gas grill to medium high heat
Arrange the chicken on the grill. Cook, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through, 8 – 10 minutes. Brush the chicken with some of the barbecue sauce during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking.
Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve immediately. Pass the remaining barbecue sauce at the table.
Serves 4 to 6.
Chocolate Espresso Malts
- 1 pint bittersweet chocolate ice cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered malt
- ¼ - ½ cup milk
- 4 shots espresso, chilled (depending on how much caffeine you can handle)
- 1 shot Kahlua
- 8 espresso cups
- Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and cinnamon sticks, to garnish
Put the ice cream, malt, milk, espresso, and Kahlua in a blender and blend to combine. Pour into cups and garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a cinnamon stick as a stirrer.
for more features.