LORDSTOWN, Ohio (KDKA) - President Trump is calling on the abandoned GM plant in Lordstown, Ohio to start making ventilators amid the coronavirus outbreak.
In a Tweet Friday, President Trump demanded Ford and GM to start making much-needed ventilators.
"General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!!" the president tweeted.
- Shuttered Lordstown GM Factory Sold To Electric Truck Maker
- Electric Pickup Truck Company Plans To Buy Former Ohio GM Assembly Plant
- United Auto Workers Sues General Motors To Halt Ohio Plant Closure
- Production Coming To An End At Lordstown GM Plant
- Lordstown GM Plant Idled After More Than 50 Years
- Ohio Governor: GM Not Planning To Revive Lordstown Plant
About 4,500 people at worked at the factory near Youngstown before it began cutting production.
Now, CBS Detroit reports Ford and General Motors are suspending planned re-openings of factories. Ford says their factories will remain closed indefinitely.
Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.
for more features.