Watch CBS News

Mother, 2 Kids Escape Pulaski Twp. Mobile Home Fire

PULASKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) -- A mother and her two children were able to escape a fire that destroyed their mobile home in Lawrence County on Saturday morning.

It happened at the Heritage Hills Mobile Home Park in Pulaski Township.

Flames and smoke were spotted coming from the windows in a bedroom at the home on Beechwood Boulevard when fire crews arrived around 9:30 a.m.

Crews managed to bring the fire under control within a half hour.

The homeowner says the fire may have started near a space heater in a bedroom.

The home sustained extensive damage, half destroyed by the flames and the other half with heat and water damage.

The state fire marshal continues to investigate.

More Pulaski Township News
More Lawrence County News

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.