NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - Police seized a cache of 33 firearms and one fake weapon, leading to the arrest of three people after a gun bust in Brooklyn.
Police received information Saturday about a wanted man living at a home on Linden Boulevard in East Flatbush who was in possession of multiple firearms.
When officers arrived at the home and knocked on the door, a woman answered, told the officers her son was not home and slammed the door.
Officers were already positioned in the back of the building, however, and they caught the wanted man as he tried to flee via the fire escape.
A search warrant was executed, and police found18 assault rifles, 12 handguns, two shotguns, a rifle and one imitation firearm.
Police arrested 40-year-old Mario Rosales, 38-year-old Shiborn Morales and 73-year-old Juliet Morales on weapons possession charges.
Since June, there have been at least 14 incidents across the city where innocent bystanders have been hit by stray bullets - many, like this case, involving children.
- June 4 – A 15-year-old girl was shot in thigh while sitting on a bench on a basketball court in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
- June 5 – A seven-year-old Bronx boy was shot in the leg while walking home from school with his grandmother.
- June 5 – Two elderly women were shot while sitting in their Queens home.
- June 7 – An East Harlem woman was shot in arm at 102nd Street and Madison Ave.
- June 10 – A man is shot and killed while his walking dog in Hamilton Heights.
- June 12 – A Bronx woman was shot in the arm while walking to work on Williamsbridge Road.
- June 20 - An 11-year-old boy and 31-year-old man were shot on a sidewalk in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. The boy could be paralyzed.
- June 21 - A man, 20, was shot in the neck while sitting in a car in East New York, Brooklyn.
- June 23 - Two men and a woman were shot in the Bronx. At least one was an innocent bystander.
- July 13 - A woman, 76, was grazed in the neck while sitting in a car in Queens.
- July 13 - A woman, 67, was shot in the leg inside the lobby of the George Washington Houses in East Harlem.
- July 21 - An 11-year-old boy was shot in the leg outside an East Harlem deli.
- July 24 - A 13-year-old girl was shot in the shoulder while sitting on a playground bench in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn.
- July 24 - A 51-year-old man is shot while playing dominoes after two gunmen open fire in the Bronx.
Anyone with information is asked to call NYPD's Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or 1-888-57-PISTA (74782) for Spanish. You can also submit a tip via the Crime Stoppers website, by Tweeting @NYPDTips or by texting a tip to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577.
for more features.