NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- If it's too cold to wine and dine your sweetheart this Valentine's Day, why not cook for them at home?
CBS2's Diane Macedo and Andrea Grymes welcomed Trattoria Dell'Arte Managing Director Brandon Fey to the studio Sunday morning, where he shared a few of his favorite Valentine's Day recipes you can make at home.
Check out the video above, and scroll down below for the full text recipes:
Lobster & Crab Stuffed Vegetable Lasagna
What You'll Need
1 Yellow Squash
2 Plum Tomatoes, sliced ¼ thick
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 Tbsp. Chopped Basil
2 Tbsp., plus 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
3 Tbsp. Butter
8 oz. Crab Meat
2, lb. Lobster, boiled, claw intact, tails sliced
Tarragon Leaves, for garnish
1 tsp. Chopped Chives, for garnish
1 tsp. Chopped Mint
½ Lemon, squeezed
Toasted Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs, for serving
Pinch Sea Salt
How to Make it:
1. Cut a zucchini and squash 6" in length; shave with a mandolin making thin ribbons. Slice the remaining piece into 1/16 inch medallions. Toss zucchini, squash, and tomatoes with oil, thyme, basil, minced garlic, and season to taste. Arrange squash on one sheet tray and tomatoes on a second; roast in a 375 F oven until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat butter and sweat remaining garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add lobster, crab meat, tarragon, mint, chives, and lemon juice; toss until all ingredients are coated.
3. Assemble the lasagna: Place a 4" ring mold in the center of a parchment-lined sheet tray, and layer zucchini and squash over the ring mold, so half the vegetable is inside the mold and half is outside the mold (the interior of the mold should be completely covered with squash, about 14 slices of vegetables).
4. Place lobster medallions inside the ring mold on top of vegetables. Layer zucchini and squash medallions on top of lobster, and then place crabmeat on top.
5. Alternating, fold in zucchini and yellow squash strips to cover crab meat.
6. Sprinkle toasted garlic bread crumbs on top of lasagna. Shingle roasted tomatoes on top of garlic bread crumbs
7. Place lasagna in a 375 F oven and bake until vegetables are slightly caramelized and finished cooking, about 10 minutes.
8. When finished baking, gently remove ring mold and place on serving plate. Top with lobster claw. Finish with sea salt. Finish with fresh squeeze lemon juice.
Passion Fruit Granita
Makes 6 cups
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 cups Passion Fruit Puree
2 Passion Fruit, (optional)
How to Make it:
1. Dissolve sugar in 1 cup hot water; let cool. Stir in your lemon juice and fruit puree.
2. Pour passion fruit mixture on a sheet tray, and cover in plastic wrap and place in freezer. Be sure not to let the plastic touch the mixture.
3. When you start to see crystallization, approximately every 45 minutes to an hour, scrap the mixture with a fork to create a flaky consistency. Can be made one day ahead. Keep frozen.
4. For serving: Cut passion fruit in half and then cut off ends so they rest steady on the plate. Loosen fruit with a teaspoon and then top with granita.
for more features.