NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- Hungerthon is back!
It's time to make a difference this holiday season and help end hunger in America.
This year marks WhyHunger's 30th Annual Hungerthon.
"We don't just feed people; we've helped millions of people over the years, but if you feed people that's not enough because hunger is just one level," WhyHunger founder Bill Ayres told 1010 WINS. "The root cause of hunger is poverty, the root cause of poverty is economic injustice and powerlessness so we work to help people to get out of poverty and become self-reliant."
Some of the items up for bidding include:
- A jersey autographed by Derek Jeter. BID NOW
- Four tickets and pre-game field passes to the Jets-Giants game on Dec. 6. BID NOW
- Three tickets to see the New Jersey Devils take on the Ottawa Senators with 1010 WINS reporter John Montone. BID NOW
- Meet Lidia Bastianich and enjoy at a dinner for two at her flagship restaurant Felidia. BID NOW
- Attend a Brooklyn Nets game in a suite with WCBS 880's Tom Kaminski. BID NOW
- You and three guests have brunch with legendary anchor Charles Osgood. BID NOW
For a full list of available auction items CLICK HERE.
To make a donation of any size, visit hungerthon.org or call 877-988-1010.
You can also text WHY to 50555 to donate $10 to WhyHunger now!
for more features.