Last Updated Sep 25, 2017 2:04 PM EDT
Sarah Huckabee Sanders gives an on-camera press briefing today at 2:00 p.m. ET from the White House press briefing room.
Here's how to watch today's White House press briefing:
- Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
- Who: White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders addresses reporters
- Time: 2 p.m. ET on camera
- Online: Watch live stream on CBSN
Potential briefing topics:
- President Trump and the NFL: President Trump took aim at NFL players who refuse to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner," calling for them to be fired and criticizing teams from his personal . On Sunday, several players by sitting, kneeling, raising fists or staying inside locker rooms as the national anthem played.
- North Korea: Mr. Trump said in a tweet Saturday evening that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un "won't be around much longer." North Korea's Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho responded Monday that the president's words were " "
- Graham-Cassidy health care bill: The , a bill introduced by Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, and Bill Cassidy, R-Louisiana, is expected to come to the floor this week as Republican senators scramble for a vote before Sept. 30, after which they'll need more than a simple majority to pass the health care legislation. The bill would transition federal health care funds into state-by-state block grants.
- Alabama Senate race: Luther Strange. Monday night, Vice President Mike Pence travels to the state to campaign for Strange, who faces former state Supreme Court justice Roy Moore. Former top White House strategist Steve Bannon will, at around the same time, be stumping for Moore. The winner of the election will then face Democrat Doug Jones on Dec. 12th. to fill the Senate seat left vacant by Attorney General Jeff Sessions takes place Tuesday. Mr. Trump and his administration have backed Republican incumbent