End-of-summerplanners and mall lovers, you're in luck. Many large retailers are keeping their doors open today on Labor Day, enabling you to run to the supermarket for hot dog buns or on your day off.
But be aware: Some stores will be closed on Monday and some will maintain shorter hours. Here are the stores that will be open and closed on the federal holiday that celebrates workers.
Is Costco open on Labor Day?
Costco is closed on Labor Day — one of seven holidays for which the retailer closes its doors. Other major holidays on which Costco is closed are Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Open (with regular business hours):
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Whole Foods
- Big Lots
- TJ Maxx
- Home Goods
- Trader Joe's
- CVS Pharmacy (Many CVS Pharmacy locations, including 24-hour locations, will maintain normal business hours.)
- Walgreens (Stores and 24-hour pharmacies will operate according to regular business hours.)
Open (with reduced hours):
- Ulta (most stores open 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- CVS Pharmacy (Some pharmacies will have reduced hours.)
- Walgreens pharmacies (Some pharmacies will be closed or have reduced hours.)
- Costco, as mentioned above
- Publix pharmacies
- CVS Pharmacy (Some pharmacies will be closed.)
Does FedEx deliver on Labor Day?
FedEx doesn't deliver or pick up on Labor Day, according to the company.
Does UPS deliver on Labor Day?
UPS store locations are closed on Labor Day, and the shipping company said it doesn't offer domestic ground, air or international delivery on the holiday. However, UPS Express Critical, a service for sending urgent deliveries, is still available on Labor Day.
Are banks or the U.S. Postal Service open on Labor Day?
Labor Day is a Federal holiday, which means USPS offices are closed and there's no residential mail delivery on September 4.
Most banks are also closed on Labor Day, although online banking services and ATMs are available.
for more features.