Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
On Monday, President Obama begins a visit to Alaska, with a focus on climate change.
- President Obama Is Going to Alaska. Here's Why (whitehouse.gov)
Tuesday sees publication of the 61st edition of "Guinness World Records," which has sold more than 130 million copies worldwide since its debut in 1955.
- "Guinness World Records 2015"
- Follow Guinness World Records on Twitter (@GWR), Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
Wednesday marks the 70th anniversary of Japan's formal World War II surrender aboard the battleship USS Missouri.
To watch color footage of the surrender taken by Commander George F. Kosco, click on the video player below.
Thursday is U.S. Bowling League Day, a celebration of the sport that was first organized in its modern form in 1895.
- bowl.com (United States Bowling Congress)
On Friday, merchandise related to the film "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" goes on sale worldwide -- well ahead of the movie's scheduled December 18th release.
- "Force Friday": Star Wars Fans Invited to Join Live Global Toy Unboxing Event, Sept. 3 | Watch live on YouTube
- "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (Official site)
- Complete CBSNews.com coverage: Star Wars
And on Saturday, the 15th annual Library of Congress National Book Festival opens in Washington, D.C.. It's keyed to the Thomas Jefferson quote: "I cannot live without books."
- National Book Festival, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., Sept. 5