Watch CBS News

Report: Mankato Fire Caused By Space Heater Results In $100K+ Damage

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) -- A fire caused by a space heater caused over $100,000 in damages to a Mankato home Monday.

According to KEYC, the fire at 505 North Second Street was determined to be caused by a space heater close to combustibles.

The damage due to the fire was estimated at $115,000.

There were no injuries.

Officials say the incident is a reminder that space heaters are for use as supplemental heating and a three-foot or more clearance from combustibles helps prevent fire. Also, it's important to turn space heaters off before leaving your home.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.