Watch CBS News

Boy, 12, Airlifted To Hospital After Firework Explodes In His Hand

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) -- A 12-year-old boy in central Minnesota was hospitalized Monday after a firework explode in his hand.

The Stearns County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened around 3 p.m. at a home St. Stephen, on the 300 block of 3rd Avenue Northeast. First responders found the boy inside the home's garage with a serious hand wound.

A helicopter brought the boy to North Memorial Medical Center in the Twin Cities for treatment.

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.