MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) -- Three teenagers are charged in a string of robberies that resulted in one man being hospitalized for stab wounds to the neck.
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced the charges Tuesday morning.
Freeman said 16-year-old Antonio Timberlake and a 13-year-old Minneapolis boy were charged with a number of counts of aggravated robbery and assault.
The March 16 robbery spree began at the border of Minneapolis and Edina. A man got off the bus at 56th Street and Xerxes Avenue and started walking down the street.
"Timberlake and the 13-year-old got off the bus and assaulted him and stole some items, and the injuries they caused were life-threatening" Freeman said.
The victim was bleeding and having trouble breathing. He was taken to a hospital, where it was determined he had been hit in the head and stabbed in the neck, hitting an artery.
On March 30th, Timberlake, the 13-year-old, and 18-year-old Navarr Ross confronted three juveniles in the parking lot at Southdale, according to Freeman.
The 13-year-old tried to steal a cell phone from one of the victims, and Ross then threatened to strike the victim with a baton unless he handed over his wallet and phone. During the struggle, Timberlake allegedly made off with another victim's backpack and phone.
Police arrested the three shortly after the incident.
Edina authorities and members of the Hennepin County Attorney's Office are holding a public meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. to talk about the crime spree. It will take place at Armatage Community Center in Edina.
3 Teens Charged In Robbery Spree
for more features.