Watch CBS News

Stuart Child Burned By Two Hot Drinks At Coffee Shop

STUART - (CBSMiami) - A Martin County child was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital Friday morning, after a trip to a Starbucks shop in Stuart resulted in severe burns.

According to the Martin County Sheriff's Department, the 13-month old girl, Lourdes Carol Marsh, was burned by hot liquids at Starbucks in the 5900 block of Federal Highway and suffered burns over 18 percent of her body.

The Sheriff's Department said Lourdes received the burns from two hot beverages, 1 large coffee and l large tea, that had been put on top of a customer's table.

The hot drinks spilled when an adult was attempting to put the child into a portable high-chair that had been manually attached to the table, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Starbucks Burn Victim At JMH
(Photo Credit: CBS4) A child was air rescued to JMH after being burned at a Stuart coffee shop.

The child was flown by Martin County Fire Rescue helicopter to Jackson Memorial Hospital, which had no immediate information about the girl's condition.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.