Watch CBS News

One Person Hospitalized Following Gas Leak Explosion In Pompano Beach

POMPANO BEACH (CBSMiami) – One person was hospitalized on Monday following a small explosion caused by a gas leak in Pompano Beach.

It happened at a business in a shopping plaza in the 1400 block of Atlantic Boulevard.

The area surrounding the shopping plaza was evacuated as a precaution.

Pompano Beach Fire Rescue says they received a call several days ago about a gas leak and they were able to cap it.

One person suffered burns and was hospitalized.

Officials were able to cut the gas line.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.