DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The First Presbyterian Church of Dallas held a gun buyback Saturday. The church is on a mission to make homes safer; providing extra holiday cash at the same time.
The church offered $50 for working handguns and rifles, and up to $200 for semi-automatic assault weapons. It has collected and destroyed about 400 weapons thus far.
The unwanted ammunition was collected free of charge.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs "Merry Christmas" Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
for more features.