UPDATED 07/11/11 7:09 a.m.
CHICAGO (CBS) It was another violent weekend in Chicago, with gunfire and stabbings killing six people and leaving at least 21 hurt – including a 7-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl.
The violence started Saturday morning, when police found three men dead with multiple gunshot wounds in two separate shootings on the city's South Side.
About 6:30 a.m. Saturday, police found a man -- identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's office as 29-year-old Tory Wilson -- unresponsive with multiple gunshot wounds at 8612 S. Laflin St., authorities said. He lived on the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood block where he was found, police said.
About the same time, police found two men shot to death inside a sport-utility vehicle in the 6900 block of South Stewart Avenue in the Englewood neighborhood, police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala said. Both men, believed to be in their 20s, remained unidentified Sunday.
About 11:50 p.m. Saturday, a 19-year-old man -- identified by the medical examiner's office as Deonre Douglas of the 2200 block of South Central Park Avenue -- was walking in the 1400 block of South Millard Avenue in the North Lawndale neighborhood when a gunman approached and shot him multiple times, police said.
About 4:45 a.m. Sunday, a man was fatally stabbed in Ogden Park, at 1236 W. 64th St., also in the Englewood neighborhood. The man, Roosevelt D. Wiley III, 31, of the 6500 block of South Bishop Street, was pronounced dead at 6:05 a.m. at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
On Sunday afternoon, a man was shot in the head and killed in a drive-by incident in the Hegewisch neighborhood.
The man and his girlfriend were driving in his vehicle at 2948 E. 132nd St. about 1:08 p.m. when a black sports-utility vehicle pulled up alongside him and a backseat passenger fired at him, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.
The man, Louis Nieto, 20, of the 13400 block of South Burley Avenue, was shot in the head and pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn at 4:26 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
At least 22 other people were wounded by gunfire between Friday night and Monday morning, including the children, who were shot in apparently unrelated incidents.
The 12-year-old girl was wounded in a shooting on the West Side Saturday night.
About 8:50 p.m., she was outside on the 4100 block of West Maypole Avenue when she was shot, police said. The girl suffered gunshot wounds to the leg and buttocks. She was taken to Stroger Hospital of Cook County, where her condition was considered stable, according to police.
The 7-year-old boy, identified as Herschel Robinson, was critically wounded Saturday during a shooting in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side.
About 9 p.m., the boy was in the 7100 block of South Wood Street when he was shot in the abdomen, police said. The boy was taken in critical condition to University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, according to Fire Media Affairs spokesman Will Knight.
Most recently, a 13-year-old boy was shot in the leg and wounded in the 7200 block of South Campbell Avenue. The boy was standing outside at 12:25 a.m. when the shots rang out, police said.
He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in an unspecified condition, police said. No one is in custody early Monday, and the boy refused to give other details about the shooting to authorities, police said.
Also over the weekend:
• About 9:30 p.m. Friday, two males were shot in the 5100 block of West Hirsch Street, police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said.
• About 1:28 a.m. Saturday, a 19-year-old man involved in an argument in the 3900 block of West Polk Street was shot multiple times and critically injured, police said.
• About 3 a.m. Saturday, a gunman approached the 25-year-old man inside a car in the 2000 block of North Milwaukee Avenue and shot him, according to police News Affairs Officer Michael Sullivan. He was initially listed in critical condition.
• At 3:19 a.m. Saturday, a 26-year-old man in the 4300 block of West Wilcox Street when he was shot in the thigh, police News Affairs Officer Darryl Baety said.
• About 10:05 p.m. Saturday, a male was shot in the lower leg in the 4500 block of North Simonds Drive in the park of Lincoln Park, Baety said.
• At 10:25 p.m. Saturday, four people approached a home in the 5700 block of South Carpenter Street and one of them pulled out a gun and shot a 20-year-old man sitting on a porch in his hip, police said.
• About 11:18 p.m. Saturday, an 18-year-old man standing in the street was critically injured when he was shot multiple times in the 4300 block of South Wells Street, police said.
• About 11:22 p.m. Saturday, a man who had just argued with someone about CDs was shot in the right leg while walking in the 4000 block of West Kinzie Street, according to a Harrison District police lieutenant.
• About 1:13 a.m. Sunday, a gunman inside a passing SUV opened fire on a group of people standing on the sidewalk in the 7900 block of South South Chicago Avenue, striking a 29-year-old man in the forearm, police said.
• About 15 minutes later, police said a 16-year-old boy walking in the 6900 block of South Damen Avenue was shot in one of his legs.
• About 3:32 a.m. Sunday, a somebody inside a dark-colored vehicle shot a 27-year-old man in the forearm in the 6600 block of South Union Avenue, police said.
• About 4:30 a.m. Sunday, an 18-year-old man inside a vehicle was critically injured when he was shot in the neck in the 9600 block of South Ewing Avenue, Baety said. A female in the car was also hospitalized, but police stressed that she was not shot.
• Just before 6 a.m., a 21-year-old man was wounded in a shooting in the 2200 block of North Major Avenue, police said. A second person appears to have suffered graze wounds in the attack.
• About 6:50 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot three times in the lower body during an argument in the 4800 block of South Prairie Avenue, police said.
Around 9:15 p.m., a 27-year-old woman was shot when someone pulled up next to a garage and opened fire, in the 11100 block of South Ewing Avenue. She was taken in critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said.
Around 10:25 p.m., a man was wounded during a drive-by shooting in the in the 7900 block of South Bishop Street. He was standing near an alley when shots were fired from a light-colored vehicle, according to a police News Affairs release. The man was shot in the arm and taken in stable condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Around 1:50 a.m., a man was shot when an argument turned violent in a parking lot at 5313 S. Pulaski Rd. It wasn't immediately clear what sparked the argument, but one person took out a weapon and shot the man in the upper back, police said. He also suffered a graze wound to the head, and was at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, police said. He was listed in "guarded" condition early Monday.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
for more features.