BOSTON (CBS) -- As the Patriots prepare for Sunday's home opener against the Oakland Raiders, here are a few bits of news and notes:
- Since 2002, the Patriots are 11-1 in home openers.
- The Pats enter this week's game with a nine game home winning streak against AFC West opponents, which includes the postseason.
- The Patriots have sold out 218 consecutive home games.
- Former Wolverine teammates Tom Brady and Charles Woodson will face each other for the sixth time in the NFL --17 years after they won a title together at Michigan.
- Brady and Woodson have known each other for over 20 years, with the "Snow Bowl" being the most memorable of their competitions.
- The Pats and the Raiders will meet for the 34th time overall and the 31st time in the regular season. The Patriots own a 17-15 edge with one tie.
- The Patriots enter the game with the fourth-ranked defense in the NFL.
- Since 2000, the Patriots are 38-1 with they have a 100-yard rusher.
- Tom Brady notched his 149th career win last week, passing John Elway on the career win list.
- Tom Brady needs 453 yards to become the sixth player to reach 50,000 passing yards.
- The Patriots have recorded a sack in 17 straight games.
- Stephen Gostkowski has made 25 consecutive fourth quarter field goals.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has 52 consecutive regular season games with a reception.
Tune in to Patriots-Raiders on WBZ-TV and 98.5 The Sports Hub – the flagship stations of the New England Patriots. Pregame coverage begins on 98.5FM at 10am on Sunday, with Patriots GameDay kicking off WBZ-TV's coverage at 11:30am. Stay tuned following the game for three hours of postgame coverage on 98.5, and tune to myTV38 for Patriots 5th Quarter!
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
for more features.