DENNIS - A 19-year-old man has been indicted in thethat killed 17-year-old Sadie Mauro in Dennis. David K. Sullivan of Medfield is accused of being drunk while operating the boat when it crashed into a jetty off Cape Cod.
The deadly crash happened at about 9 p.m. on July 21 in Sesuit Harbor with a total of six people on board. Two other people on the boat suffered serious injuries.
at Dover-Sherborn High School and just weeks away from starting her senior year.
"She would do anything for you. She would run through a wall for you if you asked her to. She was just so coachable, loved lacrosse, loved his team," athletic director Emily Sullivan said.
Cape & Islands District Attorney Robert Galibois, whointo the crash in August, said Sullivan is due in Barnstable Superior Court on October 10 for an arraignment.
Sullivan was indicted by a grand jury on charges of:
- Death of a person caused by operating vessel/boat under the influence of intoxicating liquor
- Possessing false RMV documents
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Operation of a vessel while under the influence of intoxication liquor causing serious bodily injury (x2)
- Reckless or negligent operation of a vessel causing death
for more features.