Watch CBS News

Fire Destroys Home In Concord; Witnesses Report Hearing Explosions

CONCORD (CBS) – A large fire destroyed a home on College Road in Concord Wednesday night.

Firefighters say the home was fully engulfed when they arrived at about 8:00 p.m.

The couple who lives in the home told firefighters they left with friends just before the fire started. No injuries have been reported.

Neighbors reported hearing a large explosion. "All of a sudden I heard a huge explosion," Jen McGrath said. "I've never seen such a huge thing of fire, bigger than any movie I've ever seen."

Concord fire
A home on College Rd. in Concord was destroyed by fire (WBZ-TV)

Firefighters say there is no natural gas at the home, and it was possibly a propane explosion.

An investigation into the cause of the fire is underway.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.