SACRAMENTO (CBS SF) -- The latest Flex Alert went into effect Thursday afternoon as the California Independent System Operator anticipates high energy demand as the Bay Area faces the latest round of extremely hot weather.
The alert started Thursday at 3 p.m. and will remain in place until 10 p.m.
Cal ISO is asking residents to conserve electricity to avoid rolling blackouts by taking the following actions during the Flex Alert:
- Set air conditioning thermostats to 78 degrees, if health permits
- Defer use of major appliances
- Turn off unnecessary lights
- Unplug unused electrical devices
- Close blinds and drapes
- Use fans when possible
- Limit time the refrigerator door is open.
For more tips on how to conserve, visit FlexAlert.org.
for more features.