Celina Pompeani Mathison
An Emmy Award-winning TV personality and Pittsburgh native, Celina Pompeani Mathison is a Pittsburgh Today Live lifestyles' reporter.
Celina is also an on-camera host for the Pittsburgh Penguins and has been with the team since September 2014. She loves meeting new people at PPG Paints Arena, as the in-arena host for every home hockey game.
Before joining the KDKA-TV Morning News Team in October 2017, Celina's career in local news began in January 2013, when she was hired at WTOV-9 in Steubenville, Ohio, during her senior year of college at Point Park University.
After graduating Magna Cum Laude from Point Park University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcasting in December 2013, a semester ahead of her scheduled graduation, Celina continued to work as the weekend news anchor and general assignment reporter at WTOV-9, up until September 2014, when she accepted a job at the Pittsburgh Penguins.
In 2015, Celina won her first Mid-Atlantic Emmy Award, for her weekly entertainment segment on PensTV, Pens Trends! Celina was then hired as KDKA's Morning Traffic Anchor in 2017, before transitioning to Pittsburgh Today Live. She loves telling the good stories of our Pittsburghers, and loves meeting new people on the job.
Celina was nominated and selected by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as a member of the 2015 Pittsburgh's 50 Finest Class. She raised $8,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Celina is also very involved with the Mario Lemieux Foundation, serving as a member of their millennial committee.
Outside of work, Celina loves to dance, she enjoys trying many of the new restaurants Pittsburgh has to offer with her friends and loves spending time with her family. She also enjoys learning the game of golf with her husband, Mac!
- Joined KDKA: October 2017
- Hometown: Pittsburgh!
- Alma Mater: Point Park University
- Music: Everything! Top 40, pop, hip hop, R&B, reggae, country, etc.
- Movie: Catch Me If You Can, Titanic and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- TV Show: The Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder
- Book: The Confident Woman Devotional (I love reading daily devotionals)
- Hobbies: Dancing, working on my golf game, trying new restaurants, shopping and going to the movies
- Sports Team: Penguins, Steelers & Pirates
- Food: Italian and Sushi but I really love everything!
- Local Restaurant: All steakhouses in Pittsburgh including The Capital Grille and Altius, Il Pizzaiolo, Vallozzi's, Little Tokyo ... did I mention I love sushi?
- Sport/Exercise: Walking
- Historical Figure: Mother Teresa
- Favorite Pennsylvanian: Fred Rogers
- Quote: "Kill them with kindness" and "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard."
- Word: Confident
- Vacation Spot: Mexico, Aruba, Italy and France
- Holiday: Christmas!
- Guilty Pleasure: DORITOS!!
- Planet: Our beautiful Earth
THIS OR THAT
- Facebook or Twitter? INSTAGRAM!!
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs
- Beatles or Rolling Stones? Beatles
- Comedy or Tearjerker? Both but love a good tearjerker
- Phone Call or Text Message? Text
- Mac or PC? Mac
- Coffee or Tea? COFFEE! I do like both though
- Paper or Plastic? Paper
- Morning Person or Night Person? Both! I have to be a morning and night person with my late nights at the Penguins and early mornings at KDKA
- East Coast or West Coast? East
- Star Trek or Star Wars? Neither
for more features.