PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) -- Paul Bessire, better known by the name of his simulation program, "The Prediction Machine," joined The Fan Morning Show in his regular weekly spot on Thursday to offer up the machine's picks for this weekend's conference championship games, and its end-of-season projection for the 2013-14 Penguins.
You can find more from Bessire at PredictionMachine.com.
Here are some of the machine's insights that he shared:
- Has the Penguins winning the Metropolitan Division by a margin of 28 points.
- Has the Penguins finishing first in the Eastern Conference, nine points ahead of the second-place team.
- Does not have the Penguins as the top team in his power rankings, but has them as the Stanley Cup favorites because of how weak their competition in the Eastern Conference is.
- Identifies the Broncos as the smart-money pick in the AFC championship game, especially because the vast majority of the action in Vegas has been on the Patriots, making the Broncos an increasingly better play.
- Has the Seahawks as the better play in the NFC championship game, even though oddsmakers are trying to entice bettors to pick the 49ers.
- Currently has the NFC team as the favorite in the Super Bowl regardless of the matchup, with all four potential matchups having the NFC team favored by about a touchdown.
Bessire will join The Fan Morning Show again to offer his Super Bowl picks on Thursday, Jan 30 at 9:20 a.m.
The interview can be heard here:
Paul Bessire 1-16
for more features.