7-Year-Old Spends Day Off From School Leading Cadets At IUP Through Morning Workout
INDIANA, Pa. (KDKA) - While most students are taking Presidents' Day off, a 7-year-old girl was up and at 'em, leading a workout session with more than two dozen cadets in IUP's Criminal Justice Training Academy.
Kaley Bastine, a second grader with a passion for helping law enforcement, was invited to be a police cadet for a day at IUP.
At 6:30 a,.m. Monday morning, she led cadets through, stretches, warm-ups and exercises.
WATCH: Kaley Gets Promoted To Cadet For A Day
"She will definitely be a police officer," her mom Jamie said.
"She has the passion already to keep going. I can definitely see that in her future. And she already said that she wants to come back here. This is where she'll be going for the academy."
- Girl Raises Over $3,000 For Local K9 Officer
- 7-Year-Old Girl's Cupcake Stand Raises Nearly $3,000 For Local K9 Officer
- Local Girl's Cupcake Stand Will Raise Money For New Kensington Police Department K9
- Girl Raising Money For Local Police Receives $7,500 From Walmart
- 6-Year-Old Girl Raises Over $3K To Help Her Town's Police Department Buy K9
- 4-Year-Old Delivers Sandwiches To Local Police Officers
Kaley says her favorite part of the day was hula hooping and running.
The second grader has raised thousands of dollars for local police departments.
for more features.