Watch CBS News

Westmoreland Country Club Damaged By Laundry Room Fire

PENN TOWNSHIP (KDKA)- Fire crews were called to the Westmoreland Country Club early Tuesday morning.

Around 12:30 a.m., fire alarms were going off at the country club in Mellon Road in Penn Township.

When crews arrived, they noticed a haze of smoke inside the country club. Firefighters forced their way into the building and found an electrical fire in the laundry room.

"Actually, the suppression system helped out," said Claridge Fire Chief Bob Bankosh. "It had the fire snuffed out, all we had to do was knock down a couple of the hot spots."

The fire damaged some electrical boxes in the laundry room and Chief Bankosh is unsure if the country club will be open on Tuesday.

The Penn Township Police Department and state police in Greensburg are investigating.

No injuries were reported.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.