Watch CBS News

Elderly Man Found Dead In Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Incident

BALDWIN (KDKA) ---- An elderly man is dead after an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning incident.

It happened Saturday evening in the 3200-hundred block of Hazelhurst Avenue in Baldwin.

The police chief says an elderly brother and sister who live at the house were at home when the house filled with carbon monoxide.

The chief says the family's car was left running in the garage.

The victim's nephew says the 95-year-old was found dead on the upstairs level of the home.

He has been identified as 95-year-old Jack Skerba of Baldwin. He was pronounced dead just after 8 p.m.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Sunday.

Meanwhile, the woman was disoriented when she woke up, but will be okay. She was taken to the hospital.

Stay with KDKA for the latest on this developing story.

More Baldwin News
More Local News

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.