Watch CBS News

Expecting Couple Loses Everything In House Fire

Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

EAST ALLEGHENY (KDKA) -- An expecting couple lost everything in a house fire in East Allegheny on Saturday afternoon.

The two-alarm fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at a home on Suismon Street near Turtle Way.

Elijah Huellen says he and his wife, Kristen, who is five months pregnant, were both at work when the fire broke out.

east allegheny couple
Kristen and Elijah Huellen (Photo Provided)

According to Huellen, a space heater is believed to have sparked the blaze in a front room of the house.

Huellen said their roommate tried to put out the fire and was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

east allegheny fire
(Photo Credit: KDKA)

The couple plans to stay with family for the time being.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.