PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – An estimated 15,500 people participated in the sold-out 36th running of the Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race Sunday morning.
Organizers say this year's race attracted the largest field of runners.
This year's route started on Beechwood Boulevard in Frick Park and will take runners down Forbes Avenue, Fifth Avenue and the Boulevard of the Allies toward the finish in Point State Park for the 10K race, which began at 9:30 a.m.
The 5K race began at 8 a.m. at Fifth Avenue and Atwood Street in Oakland. It followed the same route to the finish line.
Below are the top three finishers in the men's and women's 5K and 10K races:
- Jim Spisak, 22, of Pittsburgh - 28:54
- Trent Binford-Walsh, 24, of Benson, Ariz. - 30:09
- Vince McNally, 23, of Lancaster - 30:29
- Clara Santucci, 26, of Dilliner- 32:54
- Stephanie Bonk, 23, of Coraopolis - 34:35
- Roberta Groner, 35, of Irwin - 34:41
- Caleb Muller, 22, of Pittsburgh - 14:47
- Steve Kirkland, 25, of Pittsburgh - 15:44
- Jim Mack, 38, of Malvern- 15:48
- Larissa Park, 33, of Somerville - 16:39
- Autumn Greba, 19, of North Huntingdon - 17:17
- Kathryn Jarocki, 28, of McKees Rocks - 17:36
Today's events cap off Great Race Week, which began last weekend with the 17th running of the Dollar Bank Junior Great Race.
About 1,000 kids participated in the various events.
PHOTO GALLERY! Check out more photos from The Great Race at this link!
for more features.