Watch CBS News

No Major Damage After Rooftop Fire At Llanerch Country Club Clubhouse

By Al Novack

HAVERFORD, Pa. (CBS) - There were no injuries and only minor damage last night when a rooftop gas heating unit overheated and caught fire at the Llanerch Country Club clubhouse.

Llanerch fire company firefighters were called to the club at 11:18 Wednesday night. The 1-alarm fire was confined to the roof area around the heating unit and placed under control in less than hour. There was no interior damage but the clubhouse had to be aired out because it filled with smoke.

The Haverford Township fire marshal is investigating what caused the gas unit to overheat and catch fire.


View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.