Watch CBS News

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sickens 3 Adults, 2 Children In Summerdale

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- Five people, including two children, were sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning overnight inside a home in Northeast Philadelphia.

It happened shortly after 12 a.m. Monday along the 800 block of Sanger Street in the city's Summerdale section.

Emergency responders opened doors and windows to help air out the home.

Authorities say two children were taken to St. Christopher's Hospital and three adults were taken to Jeanes Hospital. There was no word on their conditions.

PGW and the Philadelphia Fire Marshal are investigating the cause of the gas leak.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.