Watch CBS News

5 Sickened By Chlorine Fumes At Northeast Philadelphia Gym

By Kim Glovas

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- Five people were taken to local hospitals after getting sick on chlorine fumes at a gym in Northeast Philadelphia Friday afternoon.

It happened around 12:30 p.m. at the LA Fitness location in the 2500 block of Grant Avenue in the Northeast.

A fire department spokesman says too much chlorine was put in the gym's pool and that caused the five to become ill.

All the victims were listed in stable condition.

The gym is closed until the chlorine fumes dissipate.

A manager at the LA Fitness would offer no comment on the situation.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.