Three-time Super Bowl Champ (2002, 2004 and 2005) and two-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady is the apple of the football world's eye. The New England Patriots' marquee player has been routinely called the best draft pick and the greatest quarterback of all all-time.
These accolades are not without merit. Brady's accomplishments speak for themselves. He has been invited to seven Pro Bowls, led the Patriots to an undefeated regular season in 2007 and has taken four trips to the Super Bowl in a stellar 10-year career. Legions of football fans respect him for his talent, drive and determination.
It has not escaped the attention of the ladies that Mr. Brady is also rather easy on the eyes. He has gained additional fortune and fame with a list of celebrity endorsement deals and modeling contracts for brands such as Stetson, Ugg Boots and Movado watches. In fact the only person better looking than the star quarterback may be his wife, Victoria's Secret supermodel Gisele Bundchen.
The glamorous couple married in February of 2009, and Gisele gave birth to son Benjamin later that year. Zillow is reporting that now, for a discounted price of $10.5 million, you can own the Boston penthouse apartment where the photogenic pair started their life together.
The Beacon Street luxury home has been on the market for nearly two years. Brady thought he had a buyer in 2009, but the deal fell through and the price has since been lowered $400,000 (from $10.9 million). The 5,311 square foot abode is hardly your average condo.
The cavernous penthouse features three bedrooms, three and a half baths, a luxurious master suite, and a full-service gym for those off-season and post-natal workouts.
Much to the chagrin of Boston locals, Tom and Gisele have not lived in the area for some time. It seems that over 5,000 square feet still wasn't enough space for Brady's many trophies. The couple currently resides in a $20 million, 22,000 square foot mansion in the tony Brentwood section of Los Angeles, California.
Discounted price notwithstanding, the Bradys can afford to wait for a qualified buyer. NBC Sports reports that the couple earned a combined $51.5 million in 2010 alone.
What do you say football fans? Is Tom and Gisele's Boston penthouse a touchdown?
More on MoneyWatch:
- Nelson Rockefeller Residence For Sale
- What Can You Rent for $20,000 a Month?
- Refinancing: The Top 5 Mistakes You Don't Want to Make
- Top 10 Places to Live in 2011
- House vs. College: Which Costs More?
- Walt Disney's House for Sale
- Jerry Seinfeld's Colorado Estate on the Market
- Katharine Hepburn's Beloved Summer Home for Sale
- How Accurate is the S&P Case/Shiller Home Price Index?
- Realtor Data Undergoes Reporting Change
- Top 4 School District Home Prices
- Top 10 Cities for Single Men
- Where Will William and Kate Live?
- Top 5 States for Depreciating Home Values
- Home Sales, Home Values Decline
- Nuclear Meltdown: Will Your Homeowners Insurance Protect You From Radiation Damage?
- New Home Sales Fall To Lowest Level on Record
- Top 5 States for Underwater Mortgages
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.comand The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.