Got your eyes on that sexy roadster with more horses than a cavalry charge? The sticker-shock likely extends to the cost of buying insurance for your dream car, according to a new survey that identifies the most and least expensive vehicles to insure.
Topping the list is the almost criminally cool Audi R8 Spyder Quattro convertible, which will set you back a measly $160,000 or so for the base model.
Here are the 10 priciest 2012 cars to guard against dings, dents, and other accidents, according to Insure.com, which ranked the vehicles based on the national average annual rate. Also see our list of the .
1. Audi R8 Spyder Quattro Convertible: $3,384
2. Mercedes CL600 BI-T Coupe: $3,307
3. Mercedes S600 BI-T: $2,948
4. Audi R8 4.2 Quattro Coupe: $2,903
5. Porsche Panamera Turbo: $2.738
6. BMW 750i Hybrid: $2,701
7. Porsche 911 Turbo Convertible: $2,674
8. Porsche 911 Turbo S Convertible: $2,674
9. Mercedes CL65 AMG Coupe: $2,669
10. BMW 750Li Hybrid: $2,641
Is there a way to lower your auto insurance rates? Just ask your agent, writes personal