These true or false statements from FOCCUS can be answered with your partner to help determine how the relationship is progressing.
These sample statements are not a substitute for pre-marital counseling.
- We are in agreement about the husband and wife roles each of us expects of the other in our marriage relationship.
- There are qualities about my future spouse that I do not respect.
- We have discussed the ways our families solved problems and how this may affect our problem solving.
- We disagree with each other over some teachings of the church.
- My future spouse and I have agreed we will not have children.
- I am concerned that in-laws may interfere in our marriage relationship.
- My future spouse and I can talk about our sexual fears, hopes and preferences.
- We are in agreement about how we will make financial decisions between us.
- I sometimes feel that this may not be the right person for me to marry.
- My future spouse and I agree that our marriage commitment means we intend to pledge love under all circumstances.
Copyright FOCCUS, Inc. 1985, 1997, 2000. No reprinting or photocopying without permission. Statements taken from FOCCUS, facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding & Study. FOCCUS, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska.