So what is the appeal of a five to seven-inch heel or a double or triple platform shoe?
Hannelore Daniel, trend expert for the online shoe and handbag Web site Endless.com, explained why heel trends have gone sky-high, and shared high and low heel options for anyone on a budget.
Daniel explained designers have taken the sky-high route in heels because of what they've heard from women.
"Women want to feel sexy and confident, and really high heels do that," she said.
These are the shoe styles Daniel featured on "The Early Show." Daniel provided the shoe tips below.
Platforms, Boots and Booties:
1. The fold-over boot is a really hot trend this fall. It offers something different for the woman who wants to diversify her style.
2. The fold-over in some ways acts as an accessory
3. This GZ boot retails for $924, and is a fantastic boot that is made extremely well in Italy.
4. The Naught Monkey boot offers the same style, retails for $94 and is a three-inch wedge heel, which makes it very easy to walk in.
5. It's also a great alternative if you don't want to spend that kind of money on a boot.
6. Endless.com currently offers over 150 Naughty Monkey styles and all styles retail under $160.
1. Cognac is a key trend this season and is a must have color for any woman's closet this fall and winter.
2. Pair it with a grey dress and grey tights and you have a perfect outfit for work or pair these with a pair of jeans, white men's shirt and grey cardigan and you have a perfect casual weekend outfit.
3. For the woman who doesn't want to spend that much and who doesn't want to run around during the weekend in 4 and half inch heels, a nice less expensive and lower heel alternative is this fantastic bootie by Kenneth Cole Reaction that retails for $128.
4. Kenneth Cole reaction has so many great bootie, boot, pump styles for customers to choose from and that are all made beautifully, on trend and often retail for under $200
5. Both feature one this season's key trend, which are buckles, so with a lower prices you won't sacrifice style.
Ralph Lauren Collection Women's Frances Boot, $795.95, 4 1/2 inches
Kenneth Cole REACTION Women's Eccentric Note Round Toe Bootie, $129.95, 2 1/2 inches
1. Buckles are all the rage this season and this gorgeous Casadei boot, which retails for just under $1,500, can go with any outfit, casual or dressy. The boot is so well made that regardless of where you are going these boots can be paired with almost anything.
2. A great and really less expensive option are these buckled boots by Michael Antonio. Retailing for $59, these boots can also be paired with anything. A great dress and tights or skinny jeans and a boyfriend blazer.
3. Michael Antonio is a fantastic brand offering everything from flat and high heeled boots to fabulous platform pumps and sandals and the best part is that all styles retail under $90.
4. Michael Antonio styles are for the modern woman who wants to look sexy and stylish, but doesn't want to have a pay a fortune for it.
Casadei 3956, $1,450.00 Casadei 3727, available on
1. With the holidays fast approaching, it's time to start thinking about holiday cocktail party attire. For the woman who can stand all night in 4.5 inch heels, these gorgeous GZ heels are perfect. Not only are they gorgeous shoes that upgrade any outfit, but with the jewel embellishment your outfit is instantly accessorized.
2. As a lower price point and lower heel alternative, these Nina and ALL Black kitten heels are great. The Nina shoes still provide a very cocktail feel without breaking the bank and the ALL BLACK alternative provides a fun and inexpensive way to accessorize your outfit via your shoes.
3. Nina is known for making amazing cocktail shoes. They make every cocktail style in every color you could imagine, and all at very affordable prices.
4. Currently, Endless carries over 100 Nina styles and 300 GZ styles.
Pumps and Ballet Flats:
1. The pump is a key component to any woman's wardrobe, especially a working woman's wardrobe. The best thing about the pump is that there are so many price, color and heel height options for women. There truly is something for everyone.
2. These 4 1/4 inch Donna Karan pumps are a fantastic pump primarily because they go from day to night so easily. Pairing them with skinny jeans or a suit or a dress makes shopping easy on you and your bank account.
3. While they aren't a look for less, being able to pair with almost anything makes it easy on you and your bank account by having to buy so many styles.
4. For less expensive alternatives, we have three kitten heel pumps all under $80 and these leopard pumps are great because it is a key trend this season and is another example of a style that will transition from day to night really well.
5. Although this black kitten heel will go with any suit, by selecting a patent option your look instantly becomes dressier.
Giuseppe Zanotti Women's I96242 Pump, $649.90, 4 3/4 inch
Nina Women's Palas Kitten Heel Pump, $89.95, 2.5 inches
All Black Women's Flannel Kitten Heel, $116.95
Donna Karan Women's 894858 Pump, $590.00, 4 1/4 inch
Bandolino Women's Jaymee Pump, $69.95, 2 1/2 inch
AK Anne Klein Women's Daquiri Dress Pump, $79.95, 2 inch
DAVIS by Ruthie Davis Women's Bionic Two-Tone Pump, $945.00
DAVIS by Ruthie Davis Women's Maki/Soy Pump And Ballet Flat Combo, $698.00