Robert Champion Hazing Death: 2nd Fla. A&M drummer reportedly beaten on same bus before Champion died

Florida A&M Marching 100 Drum Major Robert Champion during a performance at halftime of the game against Howard University at Bragg Memorial Stadium on Oct. 8, 2011 in Tallahassee, Florida. Champion became ill and died after a game on November 19, 2011.
AP Photo/Don Juan Moore
Florida A&M 'Marching 100' band performance at Bragg Memorial Stadium on Oct. 8, 2011 in Tallahassee, Fla.
AP Photo/Don Juan Moore

(CBS) ORLANDO, Fla. - A 21-year-old drummer in the Florida A&M marching band was severely beaten on the same day and on the same bus where drum major Robert Champion's deadly hazing  occurred, the Orlando Sentinel reported on Thursday.

Pictures: Florida A&M hazing case

Requesta Harden told investigators that on Nov. 19, 2011 she was on Bus C outside a hotel in Orlando, where FAMU played football against its archrival. She said it was during the ride to the game when fellow percussionist and unofficial president of the drum bus, Dante Martin, tapped her on the shoulder and sent her to the back of the bus for a ritual known as the "hot seat," according to investigative documents released on Wednesday.

"In the hot seat, they put a blanket over my head and I was, like, in the crash position and then they start beating me," Harden told investigators.

Harden said she was hit with open hands, fists and drumsticks between 200 and 300 times, and that she "blacked out" at the stadium, fell against a band member and could not perform at the game. The Orlando Sentinel reported that she rode back to the hotel on a different bus because she was scared.

Martin, 25, faces a hazing charge in connection with Harden's alleged beating. He is also the 14th band member charged in connection to the homicide investigation into Champion's death.

Authorities say Champion died of injuries suffered in a hazing attack on the same bus after A&M's Nov. 19 game.

Complete coverage of the Florida A&M hazing case on Crimesider