Police still searching for bodies in Glasgow pub crash

The death toll rose to nine Monday in a helicopter crash in Glasgow, Scotland.  The chopper crashed into a crowded pub on Friday.  

Authorities are still searching through the wreckage for bodies. They've been working through the weekend, but earlier this morning CBS News watched as they finally managed to pull the helicopter out of a gaping hole. It has been an agonizing wait for people who say their loved ones are still trapped inside.

Sixty hours after the police helicopter plunged into this pub in downtown Glasgow a crane carefully lifted it out, virtually in one piece and set it down just outside the building.

Police warned there would be more bodies beneath the wreckage and the discovery of a ninth victim last night proved those fears were right.

 John McGarrigle says he is sure his father is in there too.

“I’m enraged,” he said. “I want my dad out of there.”

He is not alone; Ian O'Prey said his heart sank when he heard about the crash on Friday night.

"I just dropped the phone. I knew my son was possibly dead," he said.  

He knew his son, Mark O'Prey, was inside and he has heard nothing since.

"They are more concerned about the helicopter and the investigation afterwards than they are about the bodies that are in there," said Louise O'Prey, Mark O’Prey’s sister.

However, police say that they couldn’t get to the bodies because the helicopter was in the way and they couldn’t remove it without considering the safety of everyone around.

"Our absolute priority has been to locate the bodies of people who were within the pub when the helicopter came down and recover them safely,” said investigating officer Rose Fitzpatrick.

Nancy Primrose was there the night it happened and she told CBS News’ Charlie D’Agata it felt like a bomb went off.

“I’m here and I’m alive and I am so grateful. I can’t believe that I have come out of there," she said. “It’s a miracle.”

Now that they've got the helicopter out, investigators can get a better idea of what brought it down. D’Agata said he spoke to manufacturers who said it's simply too early to tell, but there's been speculation it could have been a failure involving the fuel supply that caused both engines to fail.