Moms sometimes need help in the kitchen, so why not get the kids involved?
Celebrity chef Cat Cora is teaming with the Muppets in two new online video series, "The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora and the Muppets" and "Hasty Tasty Cooking Tips with Cat Cora and the Muppets." The series are designed to inspire kids to get involved in the kitchen and to help moms prepare simple, nutritious and most importantly delicious dinners.
And on "The Early Show" Wednesday, Cora and Muppets Fozzie Bear and Angelo showed how you can make one of their favorite burger recipes at home.
Mini Greek Burger Gyros with Garlic Sauce and Spring Greens
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoon fine chopped green onion
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons crumbled feta
3 tablespoons seasoned dry breadcrumbs
1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Mini brioche buns, split and toasted (or hot dog buns cut to size)
Microgreens, for garnish
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt or mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1) To make the burgers, in a large bowl, beat 1 egg with a fork until light and fluffy.
2) Add the onion, green onion, dill weed, salt, pepper, oregano, feta, breadcrumbs. Mix to combine.
3) Add the ground beef or lamb. Using a fork, incorporate the meat into the mixture. Do not overmix.
4) Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
5) Form the mixture into 20 golf-ball sized patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
6) In batches, place the mini burgers into the hot pan and cook 3-minutes per side until cooked through, or to desired doneness.
7) In the meantime, for the garlic sauce: in a small bowl combine the yogurt with the garlic. Season with salt, to taste.
8) To assemble the burgers, place a burger on the bottom half of the mini bun. Top with a pinch of microgreens and drizzle with the garlic yogurt sauce. Finish with the top half of the bun. Serve as mini brioche sliders or insert toothpick to hold flatbread closed to make appetizer-portion mini gyros.
Yield: 20 burgers