PARIS -- The widow of a bodyguard killed at the offices of Charlie Hebdo wants an investigation into what she says were lax security measures at the French satirical newspaper before it was attacked a year ago.
Ingrid Brinsolaro said on RTL radio Tuesday that her husband "saw dysfunctions" and a lack of security in the office targeted and "it was impossible to do his job correctly."
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said he was open to the idea of an investigation, but also defended the government's efforts to ensure security and fight Islamic extremism.
Both spoke as France marked a year since Islamic extremists targeted Charlie Hebdo and a kosher market Jan. 7-9, killing 17 people.
French President Francois Hollande was to unveil plaques later Tuesday to honor the victims of the attacks.
In a special edition laced with blasphemy, obscenity and profanity, Charlie Hebdo's surviving artists and writers declared that the satirical newspaper is alive, but "the murderer is still at large."
The 32-page copy marking the anniversary of the Jan. 7 attack on the paper's staff accused Islamic fundamentalists, organized religion, an irresolute government and intelligence failures for the 2015 violence in France by Muslim extremists that started with that day.
The victims at Charlie Hebdo and the kosher market were the first claimed by a string of attacks by Islamic fundamentalists in France last year that ultimately left at least 147 people dead and hundreds of others injured.
Almost all of those believed directly responsible for the January attacks and the Nov. 13 carnage in Paris that killed 130 people are dead. But Charlie Hebdo's special edition this week, with a front-page caricature of a bloody God wielding an assault rifle, darkly predicts that more violence is to come.