Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday kicks off National School Breakfast Week, celebrating the program that serves breakfast to more than 14 million schoolchildren every day.
- National School Breakfast Week (NSBW), March 2-6
- NSBW Toolkits
- School Nutrition Association
- School Breakfast Program (SBP) Fact Sheet (USDA Food and Nutrition Service)
- https://theicn.org/cnss/school-breakfast-program/ (Child Nutrition Sharing Site)
- ("Sunday Morning," 11/19/17)
- ("Sunday Morning," 3/31/19)
- (CBS News, 10/17/19)
Tuesday is Day One for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, billed as the largest of its kind.
Watch a trailer for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo:
On Wednesday, the Library of Congress awards its Gershwin Prize for Popular Song to Garth Brooks, who, the Library says, has "elevated country music into a national anthem of the American people."
Garth Brooks performs "What She's Doing Now" in 1991:
Thursday's the day magician and illusionist Penn Jillette turns into a 65-year-old.
Penn & Teller perform – upside down! – on "Saturday Night Live" in 1986:
Sundown Friday marks the start of the National Day of Unplugging, calling for 24 hours without a single digital device. (Yes, this means you!)
And Saturday brings the Chocolate Fantasy Gala in Albuquerque, a showcase for sumptuous chocolate sculptures, to benefit the New Mexico Museum of Natural History Foundation.