Autopsy: Tape Placed On Caylee After Death

This undated photo released by the Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, Fla. on July 18, 2008, shows Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, who has been missing more than a month. Her mother, Casey Marie Anthony has been arrested for alleged child neglect and providing false information to law enforcement.
AP/Orange County Sheriff's Dept.
An autopsy for slain toddler Caylee Anthony says duct tape was placed on the girl's face after her body began to decompose.

The report released Friday agrees with authorities' contention the girl was killed, but still doesn't say how she died.

Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland ordered the autopsy report to made public. The child's grandparents fought against its release.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged in the girl's death. She has pleaded not guilty and says a baby sitter kidnapped her toddler.

Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty if she is convicted of first-degree murder.

Earlier Friday, a judge ruled to release the autopsy results pursuant to Florida's public records laws, reports CBS affiliate WKMG in Orlando. Caylee's grandparents had fought the release.

"I think it is information that the public has the right to see. I'm going to deny your motion to restrict disclosure," Judge Stan Strickland said. "I'm not happy to make the ruling. It is something I legally have to do."

The Anthonys did not want the report released to the media. Their attorney said that would "cause great anguish" to the family.

In court Friday morning, a visibly emotional George Anthony asked Strickland to delay the release of the autopsy results until Casey Anthony's criminal trial, reports WKMG.

"Our family is still hurting and grieving the loss of Caylee Marie, and if the court would allow, please, give us some peace and show us some dignity by keeping this report sealed," George Anthony said.

The child was 2 years old when she was last seen a year ago, but her disappearance wasn't reported until a month later. Her remains were found in December less than a mile from the home she and her mother shared with the grandparents.