CHICAGO - Alex Rodriguez's publicist says the Yankees third baseman is looking forward to cooperating with Major League Baseball in its investigation of his alleged involvement in illegal poker games.
Star Magazine reported last month that several people saw A-Rod playing in games hosted at Hollywood hotels and residences.
But Richard Rubenstein, Rodriguez's publicist, says in a statement Thursday morning that the Star's story contains "numerous factual inaccuracies."
The Yankees slugger could face suspension over the investigation, an MLB executive told ESPN.com.
The investigation stems from Star Magazine allegations published on RadarOnline.com that Rodriguez played in at least two underground games that took place at a record executive's Beverly Hills mansion.
According to the report, A-Rod was at one game that involved some people openly using cocaine and a fight over one player not wanting to cough up his $500,000 in losses.
A spokesman for the Yankees declined comment when asked about Rodriguez on Wednesday.
The 36-year-old Rodriguez had right knee surgery on July 14 and is expected to resume baseball activities on Thursday at the Yankees' facility in Florida.